2014 Sierra/Silverado Bulb Sizes

any ideas? Should I not replace the turn signals or brake light with leds

LL just means long life IIRC. So it shouldn't change the base. Should only change the gasses inside or the wiring internally

- Mike

IG: @BlackPearl_Edition

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone update the initial post to include 2016's? I'm pretty certain there are some differences.

With the site being super laggy for me I can't look through every page, it'd take a week. If someone can point me in the right direction if there is an updated thread or post I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Looking for interior as well as running & turn signal bulbs, for now ;)

• Like 1

I just picked up a 16 LTZ. Amazing difference between headlights in 16 vs my old 14.

I got fooled a little by the window sticker. I assumed LED taillights meant ALL the rear lights were LED, but my reverse lights and plate lights are regular bulbs. Want to switch out them out for LED. Do I need Canbus LED bulbs? And can I switch out just the reverse bulb in the 3rd light housing above the cab, or do I need to replace the whole unit?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a 16 LTZ. Amazing difference between headlights in 16 vs my old 14.

I got fooled a little by the window sticker. I assumed LED taillights meant ALL the rear lights were LED, but my reverse lights and plate lights are regular bulbs. Want to switch out them out for LED. Do I need Canbus LED bulbs? And can I switch out just the reverse bulb in the 3rd light housing above the cab, or do I need to replace the whole unit?

Thanks

I wouldn't think you would need a CAN LED for reverse or cargo lights.

Diode Dynamics did this on a 2015 just using normal LEDs.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Are the reverse lights (back up lights) the same for 2016-2017 as they are in the 2014? What about plate lights? I want to order LEDs for them but don't really want to pull things apart until I get the bulbs in to swap out.

You will find your answers at the link provided below.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/chevrolet-vehicle-led-lights?make=16

Edited by No Tyme
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I want to replace my reverse lights and my 3rd brake light to LED's, do you know if I need the CAN bus style lights or just the regular 921 LED style. 2017 GMC sierra SLT by the way. Also do i need the load resistor kit if I switch the front turn signal to LED?

I bought the Phillips Bright White Vision LEDs for my backup, cargo, and license plate. I am impressed!

a671825565d3569d0e12bb1e8fc9ae2f.jpg

Are those the factory bed lights or did you change the bulbs out to Philips? They look like the factory locations but look brighter and whiter than the factory bulbs.

Are those the factory bed lights or did you change the bulbs out to Philips? They look like the factory locations but look brighter and whiter than the factory bulbs.

No, the ones in the bed are the original.

They may be overpowered by the Phillips I have in cargo lights on back. They are insanely bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, the ones in the bed are the original.

They may be overpowered by the Phillips I have in cargo lights on back. They are insanely bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great - thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the Putco 360* pure LED #194 part number 230194B-360 for my 14' License Plate lights. They are too long and wont allow you insert the plastic socket all the way in before the bulb hits the lens.

Does anyone make some sort of adapter to space the socket back about 1/4"

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Edited by ssmith10pn

• 2 weeks later...

You will find your answers at the link provided below.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/chevrolet-vehicle-led-lights?make=16

Apologies, but you are incorrect for anything 2017 related. SBL does not have data on 2017 Sierra or Silverado because I called them myself and they have nothing.

I would also like to know if anyone has this info on what the replacement LED bulbs are for a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT so I could change the following lights out myself.

Reverse lights

Plate lights

Cargo Lights

• Like 1

Apologies, but you are incorrect for anything 2017 related. SBL does not have data on 2017 Sierra or Silverado because I called them myself and they have nothing.

I would also like to know if anyone has this info on what the replacement LED bulbs are for a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT so I could change the following lights out myself.

Reverse lights

Plate lights

Cargo Lights

I bought the Philips 194 for the plate and 921 for the cargo area and reverse lights. Huge difference. They look great!

I bought the Philips 194 for the plate and 921 for the cargo area and reverse lights. Huge difference. They look great!

Thank you, apparently they must be pretty common amazon already paired the two together.